Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Favorites Read in 2016

Hey all! 
I haven’t done one of these in forever, but welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday! 


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the group over at The Broke and the Bookish that consists of a theme we have to follow for the week. Today’s theme is ‘Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far”. I’m going to change that just a bit because I’m not even sure I have read 10 2016 releases yet! So I’m just going to make this a ‘Favorite read in 2016’ post! Only a few really stood out for me, so let me take a few minutes to honor them! If you haven’t read them yet, stop what you’re doing and find them somewhere, they’re really worth it! 

Later today I’ll make a picture with these books on my instagram (@justanotherbookishblog), make sure to follow! All of my reviews are somewhere on my blog, you can explore on the right side of the screen. These books are the ones that really impressed me above the others I have read this year. I’m not regarding the hype, or ARCs. Although these are included, they are not included because everyone talks about them or I received them from the publisher/author, but because I genuinely enjoyed them. 



 A Court of Thorns and Roses, and A Court of Mist and Fury, by Sarah J. Maas

These two books, 2/3rds of an amazing series are just mind-blowing! The second one ended with 50 pages of incredible surprises, and the 3rd book is sure to bring more! 




 Clockwork Princess, by Cassandra Clare

One word - feels. The emotions that were in that book that I didn’t even notice bottling up in the first two books of the series just left me emotionally messed up for a few days. Jem...


The Darkest Lie, by Pintip Dunn

The Darkest Lie (Comes out in July, by the way!) was my very first physical ARC, and my first mystery in a while! I enjoyed it so much! It was such a surprising read! 




 The Rest of us Just Live Here, by Patrick Ness

Such an awesome blend of contemporary and fantasy, where the characters lightly make fun of the typical YA tropes. One of my favorites of the year! 



Rebel of the Sands, by Alwyn Hamilton

This book is in my top 3 for 2016. It was fantastic in every way! I cannot wait until book two, it’s crazy! The cover is beautiful, the story is magical and the characters are fantastic! Just everything about this book is so worth it! 



Everything, Everything, by Nicola Yoon 
This book was so sweet! The characters were absolutely fantastic, and the situation was so unique! Such a great read!! 










What was one of your favorite books of this year so far? Let me know! :D


6 comments:

  1. Great list! I really enjoyed Rebel of the Sands. Clockwork Princess and A Court of Mist and Fury are undoubtably two books on my favorites list! Great picks !!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only read Everything, Everything out of your list, but I sure agree with you on that one (it is my fave so far this year :). Good list, and I will have to check out a few of your other picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything, Everything was so great! :D I can’t wait until Nicola’s new book, the sun is also a star! :)

      Delete
  3. LOVED THIS LIST!!!
    On you get on the Clockwork Princess Train Of Feels, there is no going back. Ever! Those feels...we'll be taking them to our graves! I still have no idea how I'm ever going to get over that ending, because JEM and WILL and MY POOR HEART T_T
    Yesssss, ACOMAF and Rebel of the Sands! Those are both automatically on my list of best reads in 2016. I'm currently waiting to read Everything, Everything, and hopefully my copy arrives soon! I'm so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      And I know!! That book emontionally crushed me for life. I started talking to someone who hasn’t read it before about it and I think she thought I was slightly crazy, haha
      Same! They were both so amazing!! Enjoy EE! :D

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!